• If you haven’t already carved your pumpkin, there are some great ideas here.
• Our hallowe’en party was a lot of fun. Check out some of the photos here.
• We’ll be having a tax-free sale at both stores starting Monday, November 23rd and ending Friday, November 27th. There will also be a selection of great gift ideas all at 25% off! Books, toys and games that we think would make great xmas gifts this holiday season.
• For your viewing pleasure, check out the pilot episode of Angora Napkin by PEI’s Troy Little at the detour website and more info can be found at the facebook event site.
• The very awesome Where Monsters Dwell radio show has a special guest this week - Jimmy Palmiotti, the writer behind Power Girl, Jonah Hex, Back to Brooklyn, The Last Resort and many others. Tune in to CHSR-FM if you’re in Fredericton or listen over the web or download the show from their site. Here’s their facebook page, where I read this:
“Where Monsters Dwell welcomes Jimmy Palmiotti to the episode this week. We'll be chatting him up about Jonah Hex, Power Girl, Last Resort and all of his other projects he has on the go these days. Do you have a question for Jimmy? We'll have open lines, so call in and ask your question.
We'll also be giving away Strange Adventures cash and taking the first three qualifiers for the Jumbo Video prize pack which includes some cool Mezco dioramas and figures and a prop replica from V for Vendetta.”
•this just in! One of our fine customers sent this along: “Hey Cal -- This link will take you to an episode of the Soupy Sales show on the absolutely wonderful Internet Archive, where you can download or stream directly off the site public domain movies, television show, old radio programs and scans of PD books in a variety of formats.” Thanks! I love Soupy! He’ll be greatly missed.and finally in news, this just in from the New York Comic-con: “This is NYCC Show Manager Lance Fensterman with a special reminder. Applications for tables in New York Comic Con's 2010 Artist Alley will go live at noon (12 PM EST) on Monday, November 2nd. NYCC has been proud to feature both living legends as well as rising stars in our Artist Alley in previous years, and we're excited now to turn our attention to our Fifth Anniversary Show and our biggest and best Artist Alley yet! If you'd like to participate, simply click over to www.nycomiccon.com starting at noon on Monday to apply. Please note that because of the sheer volume of applications we get, we cannot provide every artist a table. Instead, part of the tables are given away first come, first served and others are juried (Applying just lets us know you'd like to participate in Artist Alley. It doesn't guarantee you a space). Please also note that if you've appeared in NYCC's Artist Alley previously, you're not automatically provided a table in 2010. We do these things to make sure our Artist Alley has a diverse mix of artists -- and a different mix every year.”